1. No one will be allowed on the court without mark-proof tennis shoes and appropriate tennis apparel. Shirts must be worn at all times.
2. Boisterous behavior, profanity, throwing rackets, striking nets, marking court surfaces, and other acts which interfere with the well-being of the general membership, shall be cause for discipline.
3. Only two balls may be used on a court whether playing a match or practicing, except during USTA or other sanctioned competitive events, when three balls are allowed. An additional exception may be made on the back courts, if the curtain is drawn between courts #4 and #5.
4. Balls inadvertently coming on one's court from another court should be returned promptly, preferably on one bounce, and only after the point in progress is concluded on the adjacent court.
5. Smoking, eating, and/or chewing gum on the courts are prohibited.
6. All articles of clothing, towels, racket covers, drink containers, ball cans, and keys must be placed on the benches or chairs.
7. Court #4 is the designated Teaching Court and must be surrendered immediately upon request of the pro during the pro's assigned hours.
8. When courts are full, play must begin after no more than a five minute warm up.
9. Players are limited to two six-game sets, using the seven-point tiebreaker when people are waiting, with an exception made for USTA and other sanctioned competitive events. If rallying only, a 45 minute time limit is in effect and players must most their starting time.
10. When courts #1, #3, #4, and #5 are in use, a third set may not be started until players have checked in the Clubhouse and/or with the General Manager or Tennis Pro to assure no one is waiting. If no one is waiting, a third set may be played. The same procedure must be followed for each additional set.
11. During busy times, as determined by the Club Manager or the Tennis Pro, the No-Ad scoring system shall be used.
Privileges, Priorities, and "Bumping"
1. Except as noted in other rules, Seniors (over 21) have priority and may request courts from Junior members at the conclusion of the game in progress, any day or hour, except during Junior priority hours.
2. A Senior member who works full-time shall have priority to use any court, with the exception of court #4, from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM, Monday through Friday, except holidays.
3. Guests shall have the same court privileges as a member of similar status.
4. Adult dependents (18-25) are entitled to the same privileges as Senior members once on a court playing singles or with a Senior member.
5. Men, women, and junior inter-club teams, club tournaments, round robin, approved group tennis activities, and other special tennis activity groups will have court priority as determined by the board.
6. When school is in session, Juniors have priority to all courts, except Court #4, on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM and equal rights on Court #5 during the same hours on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. During these times, Juniors are limited to one set of singles and two sets of doubles.
7. When courts are full, courts occupied by one player practicing shall be the first taken, followed by Junior and, thereafter, the Junior-Senior combinations.
Note: The Club Manager or Tennis Pro may alter any of the above tennis rules in order to comply with the Board of Directors' directives to further optimize the use of courts or to complete a scheduled tournament.