The following rules have been formulated by the Board of Directors to ensure the most enjoyment of the Club for the greatest number of our members. The enforcement of these rules has been delegated to the Club Manager. Knowledge of these rules and conformance to them will provide each of us maximum enjoyment of our Club.
- The Rules of Sutter Lawn Tennis Club (the "Club Rules") are promulgated under the authority of the Sutter Lawn Tennis Club By-laws.
- By virtue of membership, members agree to abide by the Club Rules as set by the Board.
- Members assigned to Potluck or other social committees must honor the assignment.
- The "Racquet" (the monthly Club newsletter) keeps members informed of Board actions, policies, and Club activities.
- Appropriate attire must be worn for the activity in which engaged. Only approved non-marking tennis shoes and appropriate apparel may be worn on the courts and proper swim attire in the pool.
- All Club members, including children, are expected to behave appropriately and be respectful of other members, their guests, Club employees and Club property.
- The Club does not provide childcare services. Children eight (8) years and younger must be actively supervised by a parent or person fifteen (15) years or older, unless engaged in a supervised Club activity.
- Dogs and other pets are not allowed on Club Premises.
- Use of skateboards, scooters, roller blades and bicycles is not allowed on Club Premises.
- Playing or loitering in locker, dressing, and exercise rooms is not permitted.
- A seven-dollar minimum charge in the Snack Bar, Pro Shop, or the Bar each month is required for a family membership.
- The financial books of the Club are closed on the last day of each month. Monthly dues are payable no later than the 25th of the month in which they are rendered, as is any indebtedness for charges or fees for the preceding month. If dues and/or other indebtedness are not paid by the last of the month, a fee of twenty-five dollars or ten percent of the unpaid balance, whichever is greater, shall be assessed.
- Members who become officially delinquent and are so notified by the Treasurer will have their credit and all Club privileges withdrawn.
- Resignations must be submitted in time to be considered by the Board (i.e., at least one day before the scheduled monthly Board meeting) in the month preceding the effective date of the resignation. A member must be in good standing with the Club at the time of the request for resignation.
- The Board of Directors meets at 7:00 PM in the Clubhouse on the third Wednesday of each month during January through May and September through November, on the third Monday during June and July, and does not meet in August or December. Any changes to this schedule will be announced in the preceding month's Racquet.
- Members' addresses, phone numbers, and/or e-mail are not to be given out to non-members, or used by members for commercial or other non-club-related purposes without the written consent of each affected member.
- Members must sign in their guests and will be charged.
- Further information may be found on the Club's website: www.sutterlawn.com, including Club forms.
GUEST POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- A member must register all guests of the Club, whether such guest uses the courts, pool, pool area, exercise room, or the Clubhouse. Employees will register guests if the member does not. The fee for an adult guest shall be $10.00 per guest per day. The fee for a junior guest shall be half the fee for adults.
- Each class of membership is entitled to bring guests, but any one person may not be a guest more than four times a month. Guests must be accompanied by the host member unless prior arrangements have been made with the Club Manager. The member shall be responsible for fees and expenses of his/her guests.
- An exception for charges is made for a single member holding a Family Swim and Tennis membership. A single member may bring one person as a guest each day without charge. However, any one person still may not be a guest at the Club more than four times a month.
- Special arrangements may be made for non-resident house guests and guests under other unusual circumstances. In such an event, the member shall contact the Club Manager to make proper arrangements. Guest fees will be charged.
- The Club Manager shall have the right to waive the guest fee when, in his/her judgment, such a waiver is justified by the circumstances.
- The Clubhouse is available to members daily from 7:00 AM until 10:00 PM (9:00 PM in the winter, November 1st through March 31st), except on certain Mondays when it will be closed for general cleaning. Locker rooms will be open during the cleaning day. During the winter, if no one is using the Club at 7:30 PM in the evening, the Club will be closed for the night. Members wishing to arrive after 7:30 PM to use the Club facilities during the winter, including the exercise room, should alert the staff by telephone before 7:30 PM to assure the Club is not closed early.
- Tennis courts are available during the Club's normal operating hours, from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM (9:00 PM during the winter, November 1 st through March 31st), except as stated above when the Club is closed early for the night.
- The pool will open each season in March and remain open until November 1 st. A lifeguard will be on duty from 12:00 noon until 5:00 PM on Saturdays and Sundays. During summer vacation, a lifeguard will be on duty seven days a week from 12:00 noon until 5:00 PM
- The pool is reserved for swim team practices and instruction on weekdays from 3:30 PM until 7:00 PM and on Saturdays from 8:00 AM to 12:00 noon. During the summer, the pool will be reserved six days a week, Monday through Saturday from 8:00 AM until 12:00 noon. At the conclusion of the swim team season, the pool is open for swimming from 12:00 noon until 5:00 PM seven days a week.
- The pool will be locked from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM on Potluck nights. It will be reopened at 7:00 PM for a continuation of swimming with a lifeguard on duty.
- At the discretion of the Tennis Pro, the pool will be closed during play of final matches in any major tennis event.
- The Club will be closed on the following observed holidays: New Years Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Any deviation from these Clubhouse, court, or pool hours will be at the discretion of the Club Manager and, when possible, such deviations will be published in The Racquet.